Workshops, coffee mornings etc.
For further information on the below contact Maxine, our Family Liaison Officer, on 01244 981 191.
The perfect opportunity to meet other parents/carers whilst enjoying a drink and biscuits.
Next coffee mornings (all in the CRC between 9.45 am and 11.30 am):
- Thursday 14th March 2019
- Jo Clarke from SALT will be continuing the workshop on Visual Resources
- Friday 22nd March 2019
- Mel Hinde will be talking about the Cheshire Centre for Independent Living
- Thursday 25th April 2019
- There will be an Internet Safety Talk (note: video shown during the session may be unsuitable for young children)
1-2-3 Magic Parenting
1-2-3 Magic Parenting is a positive behaviour programme from America; it uses a counting strategy to “Stop” unwanted behaviours and, once this is established, uses rewards to encourage “Start” behaviours.
The programme runs over 3 sessions. Comments have included:
- I really enjoyed this course; it was very helpful. I understand my child better now and I highly recommend this.
- The course was really helpful and I am already recognizing ways to help with behaviours. Children are not all the same and I am finding I can adapt it to suit our needs. It is a simple concept; it takes work to stick to it, but it does work.
Next running: summer term 2019
- Workshop sessions:
- Tuesday 14th May 10.30 am – 12.30 am
- Tuesday 21st May 10.30 am – 12.30 am
- Tuesday 4th June 1.30 pm – 3.00 pm