School to School Support
To provide a bespoke package of support for Cheshire school staff, enabling them to:
- Support pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) to access the curriculum and personal and social aspects of school life
- Build capacity to meet the needs of SEND pupils in school
Staff in mainstream schools will receive support that enables them to:
- Develop strategies to meet the needs of pupil/s to help make their placement successful
- Provide the best possible package of support in order to meet the individual needs of pupils
SUPPORT FOR MAINSTREAM SCHOOLS
We provide specialist training, development and support for staff in mainstream schools so that they are better equipped to support children/young people with SEND.
The service is available to a school where the child/young person has an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) or has identified SEND, where the school would benefit from specialist advice (usually in the short term) on how best to support their pupil/s.
We can help those with children/young people who have:
- Complex needs, for example: global developmental delay
- Communication and interaction difficulties
- Diagnosed Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC)
- Down syndrome
- Physical disabilities
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
What we do
We can provide advice and support sessions for schools to:
- discuss ways to meet the needs of pupils with additional needs
- enable staff to develop their understanding of different needs and strategies that can be used to meet need
- help create resources and programmes to aid the pupil in accessing the curriculum or other aspects of school life
We will visit your school, observe the identified pupil and create an outreach support plan, tailored to the situation.
We will liaise with the teacher/support staff to offer advice and strategies to be used in the classroom, including differentiated planning and assessment.
The support plan will be individual and may involve:
- strategies to support the pupil in their setting, with guidance and support for staff to deliver the strategies
- recommendations for therapeutic support/intervention
- individual goals, based on need
All the above information is also available on our ‘About Us’ flyer which can be found here.
For further information:
Contact Sharon Jones on 01244 981188 or [email protected]